Corporations & Foundations
The Office of Corporate and Foundation Relations facilitates,
coordinates and stewards strategic relationships with corporations and
foundations for the University of Maryland. The office is a gateway to
the institution, helping to connect partner representatives with the
university community in an effort to develop and sustain mutually
beneficial long-term relationships and alliances.
The university maintains many relationships with outside organizations, ranging from simple one-on-one initiatives with a singular focus to highly complex business enterprises involving ground-breaking research, professional development and executive education programs, community outreach and civic engagement, student and graduate career placement, technology transfer and more. Contact us to learn how to get involved.
Our commitment to our community includes:
As Maryland’s land-grant university, the University of Maryland has a long history of providing a world-class education and has also evolved into a world-class research institution with national and global reach. The university welcomes business and industry partners and recognizes that through collaboration and the exchange of ideas and expertise, we can more readily take on the challenges of today’s dynamic, rapidly-changing world.
The Office of Corporate and Foundation Relations brings together corporate and university representatives to help facilitate partnerships that will help advance shared interests and strategic priorities.
A few key partner opportunities include:
- Internships and graduate recruitment programs;
- Targeted professional development programs;
- Annual student scholarship and fellowship programs;
- Research projects and educational opportunities related to business development;
- Specialized, multifaceted program initiatives; and
- Public awareness and marketing undertakings that highlight joint, good citizenship efforts that make a difference.
The Office of Corporate and Foundation Relations serves as a liaison between foundation officers and university leadership, faculty members and program directors in order to better facilitate foundation engagement and support. We stay abreast of ongoing trends in foundation giving, as well as university initiatives to help align priorities that support the university's mission and key priorities of service and outreach.
We do this by:
- Reaching out to foundation officials on a regular basis to proactively explore possible areas of synergy;
- Developing and managing relationships with a broad array of foundations to ensure a diverse range of topics and opportunities are identified and cultivated;
- Engaging with the campus community to stay informed of faculty projects and institutional initiatives that might align well with foundation interests; and
- Working with leadership, faculty and administrators to develop and implement customized strategies for securing foundation support.
The Office of Corporate and Foundation Relations works with administrators, faculty, development offices and staff across the university to build and sustain mutually beneficial philanthropic relationships and alliances. Since each partnership is unique, we provide guidance throughout the engagement cycle as needed by offering the following support services:
- News and information on current trends and topics;
- Specialized market research and analysis;
- Personalized planning;
- Proposal writing;
- Solicitation engagement and support; and
- University leadership engagement.
Additional external resources can be found on the follwoing websites: